The added value of Blue Oceans is found in its wide angle approach towards business development and general operations. This is based on background, education and experience, supplemented with common sense. In summary, the Blue Oceans approach is centered around the following values:
- Multi disciplinary - to prevent stepping into the pitfalls of a one sided or modelling-only approach
- Result oriented - to spend time and resources well
- People driven - to understand that people are the vital assets
- Customer focused - to always put 'the reason of existence' upfront
- Affordable solutions - to prevent creating a medicine that is worse than the disease
The way of working is based on obtaining sufficient in-depth knowledge of the organisation, her processes, environment and challenges, an unambiguous target identification, comparing and evaluating existing processes in a bigger picture in which the human aspect, efficiency, effectiveness, opportunities and threats are leading. Essentially, the navigation plan to improvement depends on the client's situation - hence help offered is always tailor made in consultation with the client.
And last but not least - Blue Oceans will consider herself only succesful when the cost of hiring is more than recouped by the achieved reduction in costs and increase of operational effectiveness for the client.